BARTUNEK THIESEN" with various number stampings below on the olive green cotton patch on the right side near the opening
so it appears that he married sometime after he enlisted
1942 as Chief Supervisory Officer
A Soldbuch
engraved "1944" on the reverse
Canada. A CEF 240th Infantry Battalion "Lanark And Renfrew Battalion" Cap Badge, C.1916 Buy Now BARTUNEK THIESEN" with various numberPickled copper, unmarked, 29. 5 mm (w) x 42. 5 mm (h), both lugs intact, light contact, near extremely fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised in Ontario, with mobilization headquarters at Renfrew, under the authority of G. O. 69, July 15, 1916. The Battalion sailed May 3, 1917 under the command of Lieutenant Colonel E. J. Watt, with a strength of 14 officers and 375 other ranks. In England, the Battalion was absorbed into the 6th Reserve Battalion.